Become a Fundraiser
You can host a fundraising event and make a difference in the lives of children and families that need help. Raising funds can be fun and serves a important purpose. As a nonprofit organization we rely on donations and fundraising events to fund our current and future programs. Just click on the links below and follow the instructions on how to become a fundraiser.
1. Sale or event to benefit World Citizens Unite: Get together with your friends and organize one of these fun ideas – bake sale, yard sale, car wash, dog wash, neighborhood BBQ or golf tournament. You’ll end up having a great time with friends and supporting a good cause too!
Hold a fundraising/charity event. Any of the products sold for the sponsorship of the current or future programs that World Citizens Unite programs supports, feel safe in knowing that the proceeds will entirely be used for the cause. 100percent of the proceeds are used to help the children and families in need.
2. Fitness challenge: Become a World Citizens Unite International athlete. Sign up to run, walk, bike or triathlon on behalf our children who need help. Collect donation pledges from friends and family in support of your goal and World Citizens Unite. Please contact us for FREE T-shirts that support the cause.
3. Work event: Coordinate with your boss or co-workers and announce a “Save the Orphans” day or week at your office. Throughout the week, you can collect donations from co-workers, clients and bosses. Ask your company to match the donations you raise! You can also ask your company to donate something to raffle; for example, an extra paid vacation day or a special parking spot. Please check out our featured raffle for a chance to Win $10,000 and to raise food for 37,000 mal-nourished children.
4. Make your birthday count/Wish Donations
Wish donations can be used on anniversaries, or when celebrating a birthday or company anniversary? Wish donations for the benefit of World Citizens Unite can be sent to or from your colleagues and business partners instead of gifts. Ask your friends to donate to World Citizens Unite in place of traditional birthday gifts.
5. House party: Host a party for World Citizens Unite your neighbors, friends and relatives at your home. Use this time to tell them about all the good work that World Citizens Unite is doing and ask for their financial support.
6. Dog walk or pet parade: Organize a local dog walk or pet parade to benefit of World Citizens Unite. Ask local businesses to sponsor the walk through donations to the cause. Ask walkers and onlookers to give a small donation.
7. Set up an educational booth: Set up a booth at your local summer festivals, other seasonal fairs or outside a grocery store to educate people about the on-going suffering around the world and to collect donations for World Citizens Unite.
8. Raffle: No event needed! Ask a local business to donate a prize and sell off raffle tickets for $5 each. When you’ve reached your selling goal, have a friend blindly pick a ticket out of a hat. That ticket wins the prize and the children really win when you donate the proceeds to World Citizens Unite!
9. Silent auction: Get friends, family and local businesses to donate items. Then hold a house party and ask people to bid on the items. Your friends may get some cool items for a great price and the proceeds can improve the lives of many children and families worldwide.
10. Send a fundraising letter or email: Download our sample fundraising letter and make it your own by editing it with your personal message. Then send it out to your friends and family.
If you should have any questions or concerns please contact a representative in our fundraising division for more help. Fundraising leaders usually respond within 24-48 hrs.